- Wednesday 12 November 18:00-21:00 @ Creative Class, Hasselt
- Topic: Music and Technology featuring Audiocubes demo by Percussa.com’s Bert Schiettecatte. Food and drinks: check.
- Goodies: any suggestions?
Will put wiki up later this week, but need your advice first:
Do we need a second speaker besides Bert Schiettecatte? Or a short live set by singer/musician? Or rather a live dj set?
ImkeDielen had mentioned it before, but Gazet van Antwerpen has published a full page on the Brussels Girl Geek Dinner. Picture (by Cia Jansen) was taken during BGGD #7, and article (Girl Geek Dinners stijgend succes – U blogt toch ook?, by Aline Van der Borght) was published just before BGGD #8.
Thanks Stéphanie V for the hi-rez scan!
Judging from the Tweets, Brussels Girl Geek Dinner #8 was one of the best ones so far. Thanks everyone for your support!
And keep this date free: Brussels Girl Geek Dinner #9, Wednesday 12 November, in Hasselt.
CREW is a Belgium-based performance group. Eric Joris being its key figure, this production team has brought together people from different domains depending on the projects that were being made. On the whole, CREW has insisted on making performances at the melting point of live art and technology.
Jupiler Tauro is the new strong blonde beer of the Jupiler family. It will be officially launched on 10 October in Antwerp (Steenplein) and Liège (Rue Vinâve d’Ile) at 15:00 precisely.
But guess who’ll be getting a taste of it first, on the 9th of October?
That’s right: the Brussels Girl Geeks, but especially: the 25-something “sacochen” they bring along.
This means that everyone on the list will be getting something: 50 ladies will get a goodie bag with Jupiler Tauro inside. And 25 ladies/men will get a special Jupiler Tauro surprise.
Please direct all your linklove to www.jupilertauro.be
More good news about the goodie bag: we’ve received 50 copies of the art magazine <H>ART.
<H>ART is a Dutch-language 3-weekly newspaper about visual arts. It is published in a newspaper or even tabloid format, rather than as a magazine.
<H>ART covers modern-day visual arts in an alert, high qualitative yet very accessible way – something that was missing in the cultural media landscape in Flanders.
<H>ART is on sale in about 600 book or press shops around the country.
Good news: IBBT agreed to arrange more catering so we managed to squeeze 15 more ladies back in. Which brings us at 65 girl geeks and about 25 male guests.
- The event starts at 19:00, doors open at 18:30.
- There are only 50 goodie bags filled with presents from IBBT and Vooruit, and cool artsy stuff by Hoet Bekaert gallery. I’m trying to fix more stuff (think chocolate or beer) for the rest of us.
- We will divide the group of 90-something girl and not-so girl geeks into 3 groups, each with their own programme. More details later.
- If your name is on the the Wiki page but something came up for 9 October that’s ok; just don’t forget to move your name from the Attendees to the Off list – there are still some 8 Reserves eager to get in.