Do you remember our poll in February? Nokia turned out to be the most preferred mobile phone brand with girl geeks. And we promised to give away one for free.
Some of you managed to get their hands on one months before they shipped, on 10 March during Brussels Girl Geek Dinner #11. But today I got good news: Nokia is giving away one (white) N97 [NL-FR] to Belgian bloggers. Here’s what you have to do to win this gorgeous superphone:
- participants have to be
female, geeky, and living in Belgium -> open contest – male contestants are free to apply, too!
- participants have to write a post with text, photo(s), artwork and/or videos about the N97
- this post has to link to http://www.brusselsgirlgeekdinner.be/?p=342 and has to be written between 26 June and 26 July 2009
- a jury of Nokia Belgium employees will judge the most original, funny and witty post on 1 August 2009. The winner will be announced on this blog and will get her/his prize by the end of August.
Brussels Girl Geek Dinner started in August 2007 . We’ve had 13 editions so far and have been growing ever since. The last few editions attract over 100 girl geeks easily and the attendee lists are always full within hours after announcing. But the main thing is that thanks to a lot of help from friends and sponsors, Brussels Girl Geek Dinners are still a free and open event, light hearted and fun.
I apologise for not communicating earlier about the upcoming editions of Brussels Girl Geek Dinner. But I have a number of excuses:
- May 2009 was one of the busiest months in my career (shameless plug: www.targetwomen.be ) – hence, no time to prepare a June edition
- I’m barely in the country in July so no BGGD in July, either
In the meanwhile I’m talking to a number of current and future Girl Geek Dinner sponsors and this is what it looks like so far:
|Wed 19 Aug||70||Unpicnic||None||Antwerp||Bring your own||ok|
|end Aug or beginning of Sept.||?||Museum||?||Brussels||almost there||?|
|Wed 16 Sep||?||Handy||?||?||?||?|
|Wed 7 October||80
|Wed 14 October||?||Books||ok||Ghent||almost there||?|
|Wed 25 November||100||Eco||ok||Brussels||ok||ok|
If you can help with the question marks, do let me know in the comments. Thanks!