They have get high on fumes, have lots of fun, and even fall in love. More details:
- Ik ben verliefd! by @eveliendb at eveliendb.com.
- We are all the Stig by @bnox at bnox.be.
- Flickr set TopGearLive in Amsterdam by CWillaerts
- The secret ingredients (to seduce a man) by @imkedielen at imkedielen.wordpress.com.
- Facebook foto’s van Imke Dielen.
- Imke Dielen’s video’s: Top Gear Live – football, Top Gear Live – motor, Top Gear Live – fire, and Top Gear Live – the start.
Brussels Girl Geek Dinners have been totally spoilt lately! Here’s a round up of recent sponsor contests, and the girls who won:
- Win an Anne-Sophie party dress: won by La Fie en Rose (@Fielosophie) with A goodie outfit for Clo! Thank you Anne-Sophie
- Win 10 entries to Weight Watchers meetings: won by Witch (@Gudrun) with Weight Watchers. Thank you Weight Watchers!
- Win a ticket to Top Gear Live in Amsterdam on January 24th: won by Imke Dielen (@ImkeDielen) with Gierende banden en blutsen in de Lamborghini and by Eveliendb (@Eveliendb) with Mijn geschiedenis met auto’s. Thank you Dunlop!
Found at http://www.barbie.com/vote/:
“Computer engineers have lots of different specialties. They can do anything from building coputers to making video games!”
The next Barbie could be an environmentalist, a surgeon, an architect or a news anchor. But if you help with this vote, Barbie’s next career could be in IT!
Mattel decides on February 12 what Barbie will be next. I can hardly wait.
Dunlop is proud sponsor of the Amsterdam edition of Top Gear Live – a thundering show filled with the roar and smoke of the world’s fastest cars and jaw-dropping stunts under the watchful eye of three grown men that talk of little else besides cars, performance, speed and someone’s supposedly whitened teeth. With this travelling show, “the boys”, give every car fan the opportunity to spend an evening on what really matters: cars.
Dunlop offers two car-loving Geek Girls the opportunity to experience the spectacle up close and personal! We’re giving away two tickets to the last European edition of the show on Sunday January 24th in Amsterdam.
As one of the world’s leading manufacturers of high and ultra-high performance tires, Dunlop’s name is inextricably linked to motorsport. The technologies that the company develops for use on the world’s leading circuits are also found in the tires it makes for everyday motoring. It is no surprise then that many of the world’s leading vehicle manufacturers, including Alfa Romeo, AMG, Audi, Bentley, BMW, Jaguar, Lexus, Mercedes-Benz and Porsche, fit Dunlop as standard.
Also itching to be in Amsterdam on the 24th?
Here’s what you need to do:
1) Write a blog post before January 21st. Make sure it contains the correct answers to these three questions:
- Of which international race, that takes place from 14 – 16 January, is Dunlop title sponsor?
- Which Dunlop ultra high performance tire contains Kevlar® in the apex of the tire?
- Which Dunlop winter tire was named ‘Testsieger’ in the 2009 winter tire test conducted by German automotive magazine AutoZeiting?
Also make sure to convince the Dunlop people in a few sentences why you ABSOLUTELY have to be there on the 24th!
Voting has just started for the election of ICT Woman of the Year 2010. Have a look at this year’s candidates:
- Being Belgian and/or working in Belgium
- Cio / Ceo
- impact on the business/ict sector
Voting round ends on 29 January 2010. Cast your vote and spread the word!
Topanga: Opening BGGD, met presentatie over BGGD
melissa_bxl: @janosizoltan fait le MC pendant que @bnox le photographie #cafeN #BGGD23
miespaties: @CafeNumerique is new, free & looking for ideas & suggestions. #cafen #bggd23
Gudrun: munching away at Mirano, while chatting. I really love those #bggd #cafeN
Elz: #cafeN heeft een übercool live-twitter-systeem… +1 voor Mirano.
AnnMarcelis: At Mirano for #CafeN and #bggd23 , eating a sandwich and waiting for my ‘sakoche’ @on_point
karen18: Clo is er helemaal klaar voor in de Mirano # bggd
tigressse: une 1ère, attending brussels girl geek dinner hosted par les mâles du #cafeN au Murano. 48 femelles inscrites ça risque d’être bruyant!
Christoph Rooms joined computer software company Adobe in 2002. The first 5 years he’s been evangelizing the LiveCycle platform and Flex towards the enterprise market.
Since December 2009 he is working on business development for Adobe Creative Pro market for the Belgium and Luxemburg area. Product wise this means all different flavours of Creative Suite, Flash Media streaming, Indesign server, Flash platform (designers and developers), e-books, …
Christoph Rooms will talk about 2 topics
- the evolution of video on the web
- a short update on Flash on mobile
The guestlist on http://brusselsgirlgeekdinner23.pbworks.com/ is full but if you still want to join us: put your name on the Reserves List. We usually get all the reserves in.
The first BGGD of the new year will be on Wednesday 6 January at 6:30PM at the Mirano (Leuvensesteenweg 38, 1210 Brussels).
Every Wednesday night is Café Numerique (@cafenumerique) at the Mirano. But for once, the Café Numerique will be all about the Girl Geeks and what they are passionate about!