Remember the 19th edition of Brussels Girl Geek Dinners (on Wed 18 November 2009 with @designarenas and @imaterialise as the speakers)? .MGX, Materialise’s high end design label for 3D printed furniture and lamps, just opened the world’s first physical store for 3D printed goods in Brussels’ exclusive Sablon district.
- Between 1 and 15 January, put your idea of the perfect individualised Appear Lamp somewhere public online (e.g. on your blog). Include
- What your message would be (max 140 characters)
- What the top text would be (max 24 characters)
- Link back to this blog post and/or Tweet about it, so it shows up in the Comments/Reactions section of this blog post. Post manually as a comment to this blog post if that doesn’t happen automatically. Let me know if by any chance Disqus ate your comment and we’ll fix that asap.
- The Comment or Reaction to this blog post that got the most “Likes” on 16 January at 07:00 CET. In case of a draw, a jury consisting of Clo Willaerts and Joris Peels (Community Manager at i.materialise) decide who wins.
These are a few of the preliminary dates for girl geek dinners next year. Coming up next: a cool “3D” contest and an excuse to organise a Brussels Girl Geek Dinner at the BetaGroup Coworking space in Brussels.
- BGGD39 Wed 16 Feb 2011 18:30: Mobile, Hacking, Brussels
- BGGD40 Wed 16 March 2011 19:00: Fashion, Swishing, Ghent
- BGGD?? Wed 8 Juni 2011: Location-based Apps, Wellness City Tour, Ghent/Antwerp
We will no longer use PBwiki for registrations – their free version no longer has the features we need.
Switching to http://twikilist.com/ for the next edition. So if you don’t have a Twitter account yet, now is a good time! Let us know in the comments, so we can add you to the Brussels Girl Geek Dinner Twitter List.
[UPDATE: Registrations for BGGD39 haven't opened yet - this was just a "keep the date free" announcement. Will update on this blog as soon as they do.]
Registration for Bizcamp Antwerp on December 11, 2010 is now open! Register now and book your (free) spot at the hottest business event in Belgium.
Bizcamp is an unconference organized by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs. It is all about learning from other entrepreneurs and about sharing what you know.
It is called an unconference because there is minimal organisation beforehand and the day itself is completely free for all participants. In exchange, participants help to organise, present, take pictures, clean up afterwards, etc.
Anyone can speak at Bizcamp – and everyone is encouraged to do so! There’s only one rule: no commercial speeches. You can’t speak about what you do at
work, but you can definitely share what you’ve learned while doing it.
Have a look at the presentations from the last Bizcamp Belgium to get an idea of the style and topics. Some examples:
- Financing your business
- Dealing with taxes and subsidies
- Things that went wrong and what we learned from them
- Tools that help us do business better
- Building and managing teams / hiring people
- Doing business abroad
- Managing work/life balance
- Sales and marketing techniques
- Starting your business
This is the third Bizcamp Belgium: the first one assembled almost 100 people at The Hub Brussels in late 2009, and the second nearly 70 people at SAP
Lounge in June 2010. This edition will take place at the gorgeous Den Bell building courtesy of the city of Antwerp.
The building (located at Francis Wellesplein 1, 2018) is not far from the public transport – train ride followed by a tram ride or a brief walk – and has plenty of parking which will be available to Bizcamp participants on the day free of charge.
Keep in mind: the number of tickets is strictly limited, and half of them is already gone! Register now at
http://bizcampantwerp.eventbrite.com/ – or if the latest batch of tickets is sold out, subscribe to the newsletter at http://www.bizcamp.be/newsletter/ to be
the first to hear about the next batch becoming available.
See you on December 11!
Well to be honest, we don’t know yet.
The Nokia people are deciding which picture of last week’s Brussels Girl Geek Dinner is as we speak. They will announce it today some time after 12:00.
In the meanwhile www.nokia.be/c7 went live, with even more prizes to win, like a trip to Thailand!
The (Nokia branded) goodie bag contains:
- Passage Fitness First: a free 5 day pass for you and a friend
- A bottle of Passoa and a shaker
- BGGD branded M&Ms
- More chocolate goodness (Celebrations and Maltesers to be precise)
- Nokia C7 branded USB sticks
- A code for 3GB free online storage with wuala by LaCie
- Hair care product from Toni&Guy (remember #BGGD30?)
As you know, 18:30-19:30 at tomorrow’s Brussels Girl Geek Dinner has been officially declared Passoa Cocktail Hour.
The rich flavour of Central and South America gave birth to Passoã with its sweet and fruity taste. For neraly 20 years now, its famous blackbottle has kept the secret of how to fuel latin fiestas. Passoã is the must for any party all over the world.Passoã is now launching its new limited edition bottle, come celebrate it with us!