Go and find out yourself at the award ceremony on 9 February in Brussels.
Want your name to be put on the guest list? Then contact Ghita Philipi and tell her the girl geeks sent you :-)
Good news! Registrations for the 49th edition of Brussels Girl Geek Dinner are open.
The topic is children’s safety when online: How are children behaving on the Internet today in Belgium? What are the risks for children as well as their parents and teachers? What role do teachers and schools play in teaching children about Internet safety?
Our main speaker is Simone van Zuylen, spokesperson for Norton (@norton_be), and also a mother of two children who are currently learning how to safely navigate the exciting, and risky, world of the Internet. Simone will highlight the recent research on Belgian families’ Internet behavior, and provide practical advice on how parents and teachers can keep their children safe.
>> Do you know what your kids are doing online? Answer this quick survey and see the results at the BGGD 49.
Wednesday 8 February 2012 from 18:15 to 21:30
Location: Technopolis, Technologielaan, 2800 Mechelen
- 18:15 Doors open and welcome.
- 18:45 Opening words by Jennifer Jones Duffourg, Norton
- 18:55 What do the Belgian Mother Geeks think their kids do online?
- 19:05 Norton Online Family 2011 Report by Simone van Zuylen, Norton
- 19:30 Demonstration of the free family safety solution, Norton Online Family
- 20:00 Networking with food and drinks. Computers will be on hand to try Norton Online Family for yourselves
- 21:30 Grab the goodie bags and go home