Our phones and tablets, even laptops and televisions: they’re finally becoming really interactive, with touch surfaces everywhere. And now Windows 8 has arrived, a revolutionized update of windows, with primary focus: touch.
The 55th BGGD is all about that. We are introducting Windows 8, what a day with windows 8 would look like, how sleek and cool the interface looks and how the store needs apps for you, the ladies.
Plus: we got a really cool location: the brand new Historium museum, right on the market square in Bruges!
We got room for 50 girl geeks this time. If you want to bring your sacoche (male guest), please have him register on the Twikilist too.
- 10:30-16:00 Pick up Bruges City Card at JCI Kersthuisje (Simon Stevinplein -
Christmas Market) (FREE admission to 26 museums, places of interest and attractions
- 16:30-16:50 Girl geeks gather at the Historium museum (Grote Markt 1, 8000 Bruges)
- 16:50-18:00 Historium guided tour (in 3 groups)
- 18:00: Welcome at the Duvelorium Grand Beer café with a drink
- 18:15-18u30: Windows 8 sessions:
18:30-19:00: A day with Windows 8 (Katrien De Graeve, Microsoft)
19:00-19:15: UX for Windows 8 (Leslie Cottenje, Pureplexity)
19:15-19:30: Apps for Windows 8 (Elise Daans, 2IT/App Story)
- 19u30-21u: networking with walking dinnerWhere? Grote Markt 1, 8000 Bruges
Sponsors – big thank you to:
- Toerisme Brugge
- Historium Brugge
- Aventix (audiovisuele support)
- JCI Brugge (Next@Bruges)
Afterwards we can all stay and chat at the christmas market, where gluwein, jenever, irish coffee and more sweet drinks is all around!