I have mostly fond memories of the past six or seven years that the Brussels Girl Geek Dinners exist. But now it’s time for a new story. #BGGD62 is the last one organised by me.
What happens next is up to you. The domain name expires in August, so we still have some time to decide. I’m open to your ideas.
Should someone else take over?
Should we go with a bang?
Or is it simply time for something entirely different?
- To break down old fashioned social stereotypes.
- To identify routes around barriers to entry for anyone to get into technology.
- To encourage and nurture those interested in technology.
- To work with local schools, colleges and universities to encourage more women into the technology industry.
- To support those currently in the industry and work together to figure out the issues and the solutions.
- To include men, women and children in this journey…. and not exclude men from Girl Geek Dinner Events
My personal addition to that is that BGGD should be free and open, in any sense of those words. I really dislike the idea of asking an entrance fee for a girl geek dinner.
What do you think?